Re: [IP] Breakfast Cereal and HIGHS

Hi Shelly,

No, the carb counts aren't off.  I have exactly the same experience when I eat non-sugared cold cereal--which is why I don't have it on a regular basis, BTW.  Because they have no fat and are composed of high-glycemic carbs, they enter the bloodstream pretty rapidly.

The way I handle it when I do want it is I take my bolus about 15 minutes before I eat the meal.  This generally works pretty well for me, but the family would have to experiment with what works well for their child.