[IP] Re: changing lancets

Interesting enought I talked with a co-worker 2 days
ago about this subject.  She could not believe that I
did not change my lancet every time.  But as I
observed her test, she did not wipe her site with an
alcohol wipe.  She wiped the blood off after the test,
and then wiped the poker off.  I told her to wipe the
site and test again.  Her test came back 100 points
different.  (Boy was she shocked!)  I learned my
lesson way back about wiping with alcohol wipes before
poking.  MMM, Maybe it would be interesting to do a
survey of readings with an old lancet compared to a
new one and see if the numbers came back different.

Also with all the talk about reusing lancets, and
needles, I haven't seen anything about re-using
infusion sets.  I'd be interested if anyone ever did.
Just a thought.

Do You Yahoo!?