[IP] Welcome letter?

Is it possible for our many new listmates to receive a welcome letter that
would inform them of some of the ground rules, location of faq's, how to
post, digest, etc.?  If this already exists it might need to be spiced up a
bit.  The reasoning for using such terms as YMMV, ROTFLMAOAPMP, (g), etc.
was to save bandwidth and time as every word did not need to be spelled
out, as most of us paid for our time on line by the minute.  It may have
also been a little bit that in using those terms some felt they were part
of the knowing.  Every time that there is a question it requires 3 or 4
answers and the obligatory 'thank you'.  Is there also any reason these
queries couldn't be answered off list?

Jack email @ redacted
Please watch for the missing, especially my son.
Experience is a great advantage. The problem is that when you get the
experience, you're too damned old to do anything about it.
  - Jimmy Connors