[IP] Re: pump and the beach

In a message dated 10/30/2001 7:27:22 AM Hawaiian Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Re: the pump and the beach
>  Hi, Barbara,

You cancelled a vacation to the Bahamas because of the fears abouth the
insulin??  You are crazy! tee hee. I live in Hilo, Hawaii and am in the sun
(or rain) all the time and have not had a problem yet (only been puming for 2
months), but insulin dependent forever (it seems!). I have to fly to Honolulu
to see my endo and it is really sunny there so when I have to go, I treat
myself to time in the sun on the beach. Maybe if you are that concerned, you
could take insulin and syringes, keep the insulin in a cooler, while you are
spending time in the sun. Go and enjoy some time in the Bahamas!!

Lisa Nelms
Hilo, Hawaii