Re: [IP] Changing Lancets and Needles

Roger Campbell wrote:

>Frank I am sure people on this list, Tom, Jan, myself in the 50+ years
>category remember boiling needles each day. I remember the hooks on 26 GA
>needles we used a wet stone to fix.

I just checked the drawer in the spare bedroom where I keep all the
relics, and found that I still have, not one, but two stones that I
used for sharpening needles. I don't use them any more, and it's
probably been about 25 years since either of them were used. Back in
those days I was glad to have them. Why 2 stones? I think it was just
a matter of someone giving me the second one. I don't recall which one
came first, and I'm not going to try and remember.

Tom Beatson
dx 1942, pump 1995