Re: [IP] Changing Lancets and Needles

>I've read a few studies about
> re-using
> syringes--each of them says they have found NO
> infections or other
> problems when syringes are re-used several times or
> even re-used
> several
> times through clothing.

Hi All,
I would like to chime in here, and respectfully disagree about the Mulitple
re-use of syringes.  The above quote was quite true of the previous
generation of syringes,26-28 gauge.  It is no longer true of the current
generation, Micro-fine 30 gauge syringes.  I can not quote the article, but
I recieved it thru the DCCT Team at UCSD.  Due to the very fine properties
of this generation of syringes, there is significant deterioration of the
needle after only one use.  In other words, multiple re-use of Micro-fine
syringes can/may cause significant sub q damage.  The warning that they are
only to be 'single use' is more than just a way for the manufacturers to
make more money.  It is for the users protection and health.

Just my .02 cents folks.  BTW, I have never re-used a syringe in 15 years of