Re: [IP] Infusion set for small 6 yr. old

Your daughter may prefer the new Quick-set Infusion set by Minimed.   has
both tubing lengths.  But the added benefit is that it has 2 cannula lenghts
(6 mm & 9 mm) and also has a 'Quick-serter.'  If she is indeed a tiny little
girl, then the shorther cannula would be best.  It has adhesive like the
Silhouette , but goes in at a 90 degree angle.

Your CPT should have samples to try.  If he/she doesn't, then have them
contact Minimed and get you some samples.  If that doesn't work...contact
your local sales rep.

Good Luck!

Roxanne M. Villanueva RD, LD, CPT
Registered and Licensed Dietitian
Minimed Certified Insulin Pump Trainer
IDDM X >19 Years, Pumping 1/4/1995
(MM since 11/00 and am much happier!)
"Diabetes is a disease of complications waiting to happen." - - - Mary Tyler