re: [IP] Re: soft tissue mass

I think you are allergic to the tape?  I would look into the tape issue.  I know some infusion sets come w/adhesive on them that can be removed.  I just became a pumper a month ago and the trainer(diabetic pumper) mention to me I could get sore from the tape and if I did there was other things I could do with the infusion set.  If you are a Minimed pumper I would contact them.  If they were not able to help you please get back to me and I will give you that person email address.

> John,
I have never been able to go over 3 days. In regards to my site infection, it started getting sore at the end of the first day so I took it out.

Geneece
type 1
pump 7/00
**************************************************************************************************************

> Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:41:25 -0500
> From: "John R. Doyle" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: re: [IP] soft tissue mass
>
> How often do you change your infusion set?
>
> > In March of this year I got a bad pump site infection on my upper outer left thigh.  It required 2 rounds of antibiotics and it drained for almost 3 weeks.  After it cleared up I had a little knot under the skin but as time has gone on it is now much bigger and PAINFUL.  In July they did a sono to make sure there wasn't any fluid that needed drained and there wasn't so they opted to watch it feeling that it would resolve itself...at that time it measured 3cm.  Now it is 12 cm and is so very painful.  I can't sleep on that side, my kids can't touch me around that area and after walking awhile I limp.  They still don't see fluid in it and I am schedule for a CAT scan on Thursday.  They feel relatively sure it is in the soft tissue only.   Has anyone experienced this after a pump site infection?  I am now beginning to feel very paranoid.  Thanks for any input.
>
> Geneece
> type 1
> pump 7/00
> email @ redacted