[IP] Re: Changing lanccets

>I also reused my syringes when I was on shots for the same
reason.  I
actually was encouraged by my endo to so to save money and
the environment.
He figured since I was the only one using them there were
minimal health
risks.  However, he did recommend changing both once a week.
(My syringes I
changed maybe once a month).<

The reuse of syringes has some credibility from a research
study conducted by home health nurses several years ago.
They had noticed this practice among some of their patients
and decided to prove the practice as "not a good thing".
Surprise! None of the patients, using clean technique (and
no other person handling or using the syringes) developed
skin or any other infection.  The elderly patients re-using
syringes were doing this to conserve their limited incomes.

Barbara A. Bradley, MS, RN, CDE