Re: [IP] Re: Changing Lancets

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kathy Bruckmeyer" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 3:46 PM
Subject: RE: [IP] Re: Changing Lancets

> Sherry,
> I'm all for saving money and I only change lancets once a day...they get
> blunt for me otherwise :(
> But the syringes???  Gee, didn't you ever see the pics in diabetic
> as to what a needle looks like after one use?  I would have died using one
> per month cause it would have hurt so badly!!!  How did you manage that?

It only looks that bad because it's a grossly enlarged picture.

The trick to painless shots is to find a place that doesn't hurt before you
stick the needle in. If it hurts when you put in on your skin, it will hurt
when you jab it IN your skin. Same thing for infusion sets.

I've used syringes for months, and lancets for a year or even more (after a
while, who remembers?), and had NO problems with them.

There have even been studies which showed that reusing lancets and syringes
is perfectly safe.

Dunno any more than that.

mailto:email @ redacted

Can YOU find the ugly duckling?