[IP] Re: changing lancets

 email @ redacted wrote:
>   I am completely shocked at what I'm hearing about
> > this whole lancet changing thing.  I can't believe some of you use the same
> > lancet for weeks or more.

I change my lancet when it gets uncomfortable. I've no idea how often
that is, but it isn't frequent, certainly not every day or every week.
I've been doing this for at least 10 years without any problem.  I test
at least 8 times a day, usually 10. I don't know of any reason to change
more frequently.

> wasn't one of the reasons you decided to go on an insulin pump the
> fact that it is healthier for you?

I'm wondering why you think it is unhealthy. Though I don't know of any
studies done on lancets, I've read a few studies about re-using
syringes--each of them says they have found NO infections or other
problems when syringes are re-used several times or even re-used several
times through clothing. It seems to me that the same would be true of

>  Maybe you all were kidding, but I have a feeling that many were not.

Nope, I'm not kidding. In addition to re-use causing no problems, it is
better for the environment and is a small savings for those that have to
pay for supplies.