[IP] considering pump

I am 30 years old and have had Type I for 9 years. I have been on MDI all
that time and I am now considering the pump. I have no doubts about my
commitment level or abilities, but am concerned about some of the information
I read about people have trouble with the pump, i.e. difficulty with control
and infusion sets. I am an active person but sometimes hesitate to do things
because of my current regimen. I surf occasionally and love the water and
beach (I live in Los Angeles). So naturally I'm concerned about the problems
with sand, sweat and water surrounding pumps. Is there anyone out there like
me that has had success with the pump? I want to talk with you.