RE: [IP] Getting enough blood from cold fingers

Linda Z [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> LOL    OK, Jim, you'll have to explain this -- are you by any
> chance talking
> about just moving the fingers quickly?  Or do we have to have
> guitar strings
> <gr.>.  Just moving them is not enough for me on a cold morning.

Pete Townsend of The Who makes big circles with his whole arm, catching the
strings with his pick as they go past the strings.  It's quite showy (but
questionable musicianship!).  But if you make a few fast swings of your
whole arm, it will force blood into your fingers by centrifugal force.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR