Re: [IP] Re: Driving

At 03:07 PM 10/28/2001 George Lovelace wrote:
 >Thomas Beatson wrote:
 >> Kathy Bruckmeyer wrote:  If you can prove that you have good b.g.
 >> control and check your b.g. often then there is no reason why they
 >> would deny you a license.
 >> Yes , there is a reason. The person who complained about this
 >> treatment admitted to us that she had lied on her application. Maybe
 >> you don't think that telling a lie in this situation is serious, but
 >> obviously the RMV (or whatever) thinks it is serious, and I agree with
 >> them. She is now suffering the consequences of telling a lie when she
 >> answered the question on the application. I'll bet they have a very
 >> reasonable way of handling applicants who haven't been detected as
 >> lying, but it's too late for that. Watch out.
 >> Tom Beatson
 >> dx 1942, pump 1995
 >Now wait a minute.  If the question was "do you have diabetes" or "do you
 >have a
 >medical condition that might affect your driving ability", then the answer
 >be Yes.  But the question was stated as "do you have any disabilities",
and my
 >answer to that is NO!

I agree. Unless they defined the term "disability", the question is vague
enough to be honestly misunderstood. I personally don't feel that I'm
disabled. If I was caught on that question, I'd just say that I
misunderstood the meaning and didn't realize that diabetes was considered
to be a disability. I'd also ask them to show me the regulation or law that
defines it as such. Honestly misunderstanding a question is not the same as
purposefully lying.