Re: [IP] about Novolog

I switched to Novolog about 4 weeks ago.  Prior to the switch, I noticed that
I was EXTREMELY insulin insensitive and had also been taking Glucophage for
the past 4 years.  I really didn't want to keep taking the Glucophage.  At
times when I would forget to take my Glucophage, I could not control my BG

After reading of Lily's success with the Novolog, I decided to ask my Endo
for a prescription.  He is very supportive and told me to not stop the
Glucophage for 3 days after starting the Novolog.  I did as he said and my
sugars have not gone up at all.  So by switching to the Novolog, I was able
to stop taking the Glucophage and my insulin sensitivity has improved.

Some of my patients have been able to reduce their basal rates and decrease
their insulin to CHO ratio, I was hoping for that also, but am so far
thrilled to have been able to stop the Glucophage.

Roxanne M. Villanueva RD, LD, CPT
Registered and Licensed Dietitian
Minimed Certified Insulin Pump Trainer
IDDM X >19 Years, Pumping 1/4/1995
(MM since 11/00 and am much happier!)
"Diabetes is a disease of complications waiting to happen." - - - Mary Tyler