[IP] Re: Low protein diet

Kathy Bruckmeyer wrote:

I'm hoping that your doctor has put you on an ACE inhibitor...it will
definitely help protect your kidneys and if you can cut your protein intake
down to around 30-40 gr. per day you will be doing yourself a huge favor.

I'm on an ACE inhibitor for early kidney damage also and am striving to keep
my dietary protein to a low level. How do you keep your protein down to such
a low level? Do you count the protein in all the foods you eat? It seems
that most foods have protein, even vegetables and fruits.