Re: [IP] Corrolation of interstitial fluid and blood

Pat Tennies <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Why would that be just as accurate - it's all body
> fluid.  I'm sure the people that created it can
> measure interstitial fluid in a non diabetic person
> and come up with a ratio of blood sugar to
> interstitial fluid sugar.  I think it's a great idea.

It is a good idea - that's why Cygnus developed the GlucoWatch.  What Cygnus
had to demonstrate was that interstitial fluid glucose *was* a reasonably
accurate measure of blood glucose, and that the lag time was sufficiently
short to allow reasonable response.  I haven't looked it up myself, but you
should be able to get the specifics by locating the clinical trials reports
for the GlucoWatch.  They may be on the FDA web site (http://www.fda.gov).

Jim Handsfield