Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:16:35 EDT
From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Help with rash

Hi all,
  I am getting pretty frustrated with Ashley
rashing out from the tape.  I'm
hoping someone here will have some secret on how
to get around this.  We have
tried everything.  You may remember I posted
about this a couple of weeks
ago.  Well, since then we have tried different
tapes.  Also we are using the
bard.  I am thinking now that alot of the problem
maybe the tape around the
infusion set itself.  What can we do about that?
Also another problem we are
having is that the sets are only lasting a day or
maybe 2.  All of the sudden
Ashley will have a blood sugar of 400 or 500.
When I take the infusion set
off the canula is bent & laying against her skin.
How does this happen?  I
can't see how it is getting out.  It had to have
been inside in the first
place because her numbers start off good.  This
has been happening pretty
frequently & I don't know what to do about it.  I
will be calling minimed
today about both problems(again) but, was hoping
to get some help from some
people who actually may have some idea of what I
am going through.
Could you please also reply to me personally
about this.  I am on digest.
Thanx so much.
 Kim...........Mom of Ashley 10 yrs old(diabetic
for 5 years & pumping
Check out our Diabetes site

Do You Yahoo!?