[IP] NYC employee insurance - any tips??

Hi everyone - I recently moved to the New York City area (never let
terrorism change your plans!) and will shortly begin working as a city
planner for the New York City municipal government. There are a million
different choices for insurance and not much information about what each
covers, plus the different unions have prescription plans (I think I'll be
in DC37), and there's some sort of new city program for coverage of
'inhalables and injectables'. I find it very difficult to obtain adequate
information to make a decision about which plan or combination of plans will
minimize my out-of-pocket costs. Is there anyone on this list who is a New
York City employee or knows a New York City employee with diabetes who could
perhaps share some first hand experience with me? I have a week to figure
all this out (or I must continue with COBRA another month for my former -
and very good - insurance policy). Thanks!

Kristin Guild, email @ redacted