[IP] A1C question related to BS average

Since using the D-Tron pump in 11/00 I have lowered my BS average on the One
Touch Ultra Meter by quite a bit.  However, the A!C hasn't come down as I
thought it would to correlate.  I test 10-13 times a day and the avg is about
139-143 for a 2 week period over several months.  The A!C seems to stay about
7.3 or 7.4.  I had always read that an A!C of lower than 7 would be
associated with an avg. of lower than about 150.  My goal is to have A!C's in
the 6 range.  What is anyone's experience with the correlating BS avg.?