[IP] Encourage Me, PLEASE

Well, I started pumping insulin on Monday (was on saline for one week) and
had one beautiful first day - blood numbers were close to perfect. Second day
- crazy numbers - today, third day, crazy numbers - all over the place. I
know that my gift is not patience and I keep reminding myself that I need to
practice patience - it's way too soon to be discouraged. I was hoping I would
be one of those lucky people that get results immediately.   I just spoke
with my doctor who wants an additional day or two of consecutive patterns
before making changes. He will keep working close to me and we will level the
numbers out, he says. I live alone - I think that may be a problem because I
just need to vent a bit and hear someone say that it's okay. This site was my
first thought when I got discouraged as I get so much hope from all of youl.

So this is to say thanks for being there and to ask for any encouragement you
can give. I hope the day will come soon when I will be the person giving the
encouragement to a new pumper from my experience of good control.

Oh yes, I just ordered "Pumping Insulin" today. That was one piece of advice
that I received here and have  put into effect.

Thanks again!  Will look forward to your replies...