Re: [IP] 7 Days Left (and more about training)

<< Are there pros and cons for starting on saline first vs. straight to
Insulin. >>

Hi Michael,

I began with insulin immediately and had no problems.  I'm like Rhonda when
it came to training with the pump:  I had the CDE show me how to connect, but
then I was on my own.  I figured out my basals on my own, had read Pumping
Insulin and another book before starting with the pump, and just went to it.

In general, though, I am extremely self-motivated and like to learn on my
own.  I hate being in a class and having to slow down to someone else's pace.
 I am also very comfortable with reading manuals and using gadgets and
computers (I've worked in Silicon Valley for 20 years).

I think many of us began immediately with insulin, and if you're generally
comfortable with your pump, I see no reason why it's a problem.

Have fun with it!