[IP] Pump training

 I have a question, has any one gone through pump training at "Helwig
Diabetes Center" or any other diabetes center. Why do you go to 3 classes
before you even take the pump with you? The classes are one day a week so
that means 3 more weeks before they even start training with the pump. I was
told the first class to bring my testing things and nothing else. I hope I am
not going to have to set through classes for new diabetics again.I know I
should up date my information every now and then but I did less then a year
ago.Does any one know what these classes could be about? Any information
would be great.
                                  Diabetic for 22 years
                                       Pump has been in the house for 3 weeks