[IP] Pneumonia shot

Trish wrote:

I always get a flu shot every fall and also got a
pnuemonia shot a
years ago after contracting type 1 Diabetes at age 39.
  (I am age 43).
pnuemonia shot is supposed to be good many years
(something about if
you get
it after age 65 it lasts longer than if you get it
before age 65, etc).
I just recheck with my dr. every fall if I need
another pnuemonia shot
yet and
he keeps saying "no".

                     * * * * *

Just a word of caution:  The "pneumonia shot" only
covers one type of bacteria:  pneumococcal.  This is
one of the most lethal pneumonias, hence the vaccine.
There are many, many other bacteria that cause
pneumonia and this shot will not prevent them.  Just

Pat (pumpless - but not for long!)

Do You Yahoo!?