Re: [IP] A reply from a lady who had two healthy diabetic pregnancies in 1980...

Dear Donna and Lisa:
I also had children during the dark ages of diabetes control, and they are
all healthy.  My first pregnancy was in 1975, and I was diabetic for 20 years
at that time.  No glucose meters!  Urine testing only, and blood glucose at
the lab twice a month!
I delivered by C-section at 36 weeks; only problem was Jeff was hypogycemic
for a few days and had to be watched a little more closely in the nursery.
My second and third children were born after similar pregnancies.
But Donna and Lisa, I was so very frightened when I was pregnant. I would
sometimes cry from the stress of not knowing that everything would be OK.  I
had insomnia and sometimes nightmares.
Now I am diabetic for 45 yrs/pump 2 yrs, kids are great...I've stopped
worrying a long time ago, and enjoying life immensely.  Lisa, like Donna
said, stay calm, worry is counterproductive in life.  Be upbeat and you will
actually feel and be healthier.
Donna, you sound like a great person!
Sincerely, Karen