[IP] re: flu shot good or bad? - for the whole family

<<Amy Robinson <email @ redacted>
Does anyone know if it is recommended that diabetics
get a flu shot? I have Lupus also, and that doctor
said it'd be fine, but what about diabetics? Thanks!>>

Our family doctor & our son's pediatric endocrinologist
practically demand that Luke get a flu shot every year,
plus they recommend that the whole family get them as well
so that we don't bring it home around him.  We've been
getting them for 2 years now, no problems.

My dad who has type 2 DM also gets a flu shot every year,
so my mom started getting them too.  They've been doing
this for the 15 years since he was diagnosed, and are pretty
pleased with it - except for the delays in the shots being
available the past few years.

Shelly V, mom to Luke, 6, pumping 3/01, dx'd 10/99 & about
to turn 7 in November

Do You Yahoo!?