[IP] Re: Electric Blankets

In a message dated 10/22/01 5:21:42 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Re:electric blankets??
> I have been pumping since August 2001. I am very pleased with how I have
> been
> doing and my overall life change.My question is...as the cooler weather
> approaches I have always used an electric blanket, will this have any
> effect
> on the pump? Do I have to be concerned about the higher temp. under the
> covers and near my insulin...how about the insulin in the tubing...Does
> anyone have any info on this. I'd appreciate any feedback.
> Donna

Donna - I had a problem with my waterbed during colder months.  I would have
good BG for 2 days then, really bad.  It seems that the Humalog would go bad
because of the warm bed.  Some others suggested mixing Regular insulin with
the Humlog and that has helped a lot.  I am considering asking my doctor
about using Novalog instead since some people on this list have had good
results with it without mixing with regular.  Anything to simplify my life
would help!