RE: [IP] Support group experience with animas rep.

Oh fooey!!!!  LOL..... :)

Here I thought we could have some kind of miracle palm recorder!!!

I have an awful time when I mix things together and try to figure out how
many carbs are in a serving.  I mean, you can't take things apart and
measure them once their mixed together.

If I stand there and try to figure out how much of this and how much of that
I'm putting into something and then the carbs, I wouldn't want to cook
anymore.  I just guestimate.  Say I'm making pepper steak (which I usually
do w/leftover london broil).  I add peppers, onions, carrots, celery,
mushrooms and rice with some salt, pepper, soy sauce and beef boullion.
What I really measure is 1C for the rice and 5 gr for veggies cause it
doesn't amt. to much...kind of works for that recipe but others?

I make things like string beans with potatoes and garlic in tomato sauce.
That's a hard one or zucchini with potatoes and onions and tomato sauce.
Another hard one.  I try to figure on 1 potato, so much for the sauce and so
much for the veggies.

And I have some recipe books that have low fat recipes with nothing in there
as far as carbs so there I go figuring all that stuff out.  Wish every
recipe book was consistent in giving you nutritional factors...ditto
w/Publix ( a local FL. food chain)bakery stuff.  I have written to them
times but so far...nothing.

Oh well, I'll just keep on trucking! :)
Thx anyway.
Kathy Bruckmeyer