Re: [IP] novolog - first few days update

<<email @ redacted wrote:
Also, we have not had to do any basal adjustments either but the no pain and
long lasting sites are a real plus for us!  And yes, I guess I would say that
even though his BGs haven't been 'perfect' the swings up and down are not
nearly as great as before.>>

Like Sylvia's son Josh, we've been mixing Humalog & Regular for our
son Luke.  Just started on our Novolog sample last Thursday, and so
far we're having to fine-tune his basal but the overall amount is staying
roughly the same.  The carb ratio works fine - in fact most of his post-
prandial rates have been better, although it looks like Novolog might
peak earlier in Luke than Humalog does.  So for high protein/fat like
pizza or cheeseburger, it looks like the 1 hour square wave at the end
may need to be 1.5 hours to get the same effect.  His site looked really
good at changeout tonight.

We won't be ready to call Novolog a replacement though until we get through
2 months of usage with no problems.  It took about 6 weeks for the Humalog
sensitivity to be really noticeable to us last spring when Luke started
the pump, so I'd like to see how long Novolog takes.

We'll update later on yet another episode of Luke, experiment child.
Shelly V, mom to Luke, 6, pumping 3/01, dx'd 10/99

Do You Yahoo!?