Re: [IP] im ready to give up

Hi Jenn,

Although at 4 Rachel doesn't suffer PMS about every 5-6 weeks Rachel's
platelets drop dangerously low and when they do, her sugars soar.  They did
this Friday afternoon (exactly 5 weeks from her last treatment) and we are
now fighting DKA till we can get to the doctor tomorrow morning.  We find
that DOUBLING her insulin must be done before her body responds to
anything.  Her "normal" correction is 200 per unit and today she went down
only 89 points with 2 units.This disease (ITP) puts so much stress on her
body that it freaks out and I can imagine that PMS could freak out the body
too.  Boy am I EXCITED about puberty!!!  NOT!!!!

Mom to Rachel and Blossom, 4 years old