[IP] Support group experience with Animas rep.

Hi everyone,
    I've posted on the IP many times.  We live in Michigan and I have a son
who's 9 and is on an Animas pump.  I'm the head of the local support group
for parents of  children with diabetes.  Our group is called "Parents'
Diabetes Network" .  This group is not only for the parents, but for the
children also.  We have get togethers four to six times a year.  Three of
those times are usually picnics at area parks.  The kids have time to play
with each other while the parents talk about what's going on with thier
children.  In other words we get support from one another.
    A lot of the parents have asked me about the pump that my son is on.
They wanted to find out more about it.  I contacted our local Animas rep.
(who in our area  is Dave Horton)  I asked him if he would come to our
picnic and talk with some of the parents.  Not only did he say yes, but he
said he'd supply the food!  He ordered subs and pasta salad from an Italian
deli and brought them to the picnic.  We had 48 people attend.
    He did a great job explaining the pump and taking time to answer
questions from everyone.  He also showed us the new software they have
coming out in a couple weeks, called ez-Manager.  He had it on his Palm
Pilot.  It has over 8,000 foods showing their carb, fat, calorie and I think
protien content.  You can program in your ratio and it will tell you how
much to bolus for that particular food. You can also program into it foods
that you make. If you have a special dish that you make from scratch,  you
can figure the carb content and enter it and you can come back and  look it
up any time.  It has insulin logs, activity logs, blood glucose logs.  It
can store long term records, trending, charting and you can enter comments
about exercise, when you changed a set, anything.  You can print the data or
distribute it over the network to your doctor.  It's really neat.  He told
us that the people buyng an Animas pump from now until the end of this year
will be getting the program free along with a Palm Pilot!  I said not fair!
what about those of us who purchased one this year?  He said we'd probably
get the software free.  Hopefully, he's right. I can't wait!
   One other thing.  To the kid's delight, he brought a stuffed animal (a
horse) for every one of them.  There were 24 kids!
    Needless to say, everyone was happy.
Dianne, Mom to Johnny 9