Re: [IP] novolog

My son Joshua has now been on the Novolog for two full weeks.  These two
products must not be the same thing as previously thought of because if they
were then I would still have to mix regular in to act as a buffer so my son's
sites would last longer than 36 hours.  Mixing is what I had to do for the
last almost 2 years.  Now on Novolog and not only do I not have to mix
anything in and his sites last , well so far 4 days the longest with great
BGs, if not on the low side really on the last day, but now Josh does not
have to break down a large bolus into smaller parts.  He can now bolus 4.5
units all at once with absolutely no pain at all during delivery (Dis H-Tron+)

So in conclusion, I would not say that these two products are the same.
Also, we have not had to do any basal adjustments either but the no pain and
long lasting sites are a real plus for us!  And yes, I guess I would say that
even though his BGs haven't been 'perfect' the swings up and down are not
nearly as great as before.

mom to Joshua