[IP] Medicool Insulin Protector - frozen insulin

I have a question about the Medicool Insulin Protector -
Since it was a little warmer out today I put my 1/3 full insulin vial in the
cooler and had it in my car for about 3 hours - as I didn't want to run out
of insulin while I'm due for a change on my pump this evening.  When I came
home I took it out and noticed my insulin was frozen and when it warmed up
it looked ok.

The question is 1. if insulin is frozen - is it supposed to crystalize or
still look the same?
2.  I've used the Medicool before in warmer temperatures and at longer
period of time so the ice pack would eventually melt and if the insulin was
frozen it would also melt and I would never have known it was frozen and
then how would I know that this really effected the insulin as I've alway
had roller coaster BS and since on the pump cannot be sure if its insulin or
the site.

I will throw this 1/3 vial out just to be safe and will use the frio wallet
instead.  I just like to keep the insulin cold but I guess the frio will
keep it in the safe zone better then the medicool.