[IP] Re: Celiac Sprue

Celiac Sprue is a chronic reaction to certain protein chains called glutens.
The reaction causes destruction of the villi in the small intestines with the
malabsortion of nutrients. I have an allergic  reaction to wheat, barley &
Rye. I have had  vit. D defiency & my hgb. has always been a problem. TThe
Doctors did a blood test on me then a endoscopy to check out the villi &
thats how they diagnosed me with celiac Sprue.  I really didn't have the
classic symtoms such as chronic diarreha, stomache pains but I did have a lot
of back aches which  was ignored by my Endo. Most Sprue patients are skinny
but unfortunately that was not the case with me.  This was all discovered by
Me asking for a bone density test.  I had broken my ankles twice in the past
5 years and seemed tired all the time. Kept telling the Endo & he kept
sluffing me off using the famous you are depressed thing, so I went to a
doctor who would do the test I asked for.  I gotta give the Endo credit for
finding the celiac Sprue because he ordered the blood test to test for the
celiac.   Anyhow  its all controlled by diet,  a Yuk diet at that!   I still
have more test to go thru to see how much damage it has done to  the rest of
the body.                     Sincerely,