Re: [IP] Carb counts vs. Protien

----- Original Message -----

<<< I tried a low-carb
diet and found that even if I ate virtually no carbs
at a meal:  cottage cheese and meat, and counted the
few carbs in the cheese and only covered those, my
blood sugar still skyrocketed.

My CDE thinks I am nuts.  She says that I only need to
cover carbs.  Has anyone else had glucose rises eating
protein and fat only? >>>

This issue had been debated on this list a while ago, I also found the same
thing to be true, I personally feel that people with insulin resistance,
even type 1's have to cover protein too, I have learned to cover protein as
half of carbohydrate, for example 1 oz of meat has 7 grams of protein which
I'll cover like 3.5 grams of carb.

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels email @ redacted
Friends With Diabetes - For Jewish people with Diabetes
Join our discussion list at