[IP] couple of questions

>with the quicksets, there is a protective cover that
goes on the
insertion site when disconnecting.  Is this piece
necessary to use when showering or disconnected?  If
so, is there a trick to getting it on?

--- The trick to getting it on is not to squeeze it.
Just lay it on top of the site, and rotate it until it
falls into place, then twist it on without squeezing.
It is the same technique as reconnecting your tubing.
I use it because it smooths out the plastic from the
site - without it I find my towels catching on the

how long to most of you wait after delivering a
correction bolus before
acting again on another high?  For example:  I tested
about an hour ago
my bg was 213, so I delivered a correction bolus.  I
just tested now
and was
203.  Do I give another correction bolus now, or wait
longer to let the
insulin act?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Jeff Martin

--I DO NOT do a second bolus after only an hour.
Humalog takes 4 - 5 hours to be completely absorbed.
After the first hour you still have not used at least
75% of the insulin, maybe more.  Even though you were
only down 10 points, you were still on the way down.
YMMV (your mileage may vary which means your
experience may be different.

Do You Yahoo!?