[IP] Medicare vent

OK.  Here we go.

I got a copy of a letter from Medicare today that they have sent to Mini-Med.
 Keep in mind that I received approval for my pump in October of last year
and they have paid for my pump from then until January of this year.

Here is what the first paragraph of the letter stated:
"OUr review finds the Certificate of Medical Necessity (CMN) submitted is an
invalid format.  The CMN submitted does not contain the Form HCFA number at
the bottom.  Refer to the DMERC Supplier Manual, chapter 4.  Based on the
facts we have, no coverage will be allowed."

Now, the bill for this time period is almost $2500.00.  They are denying it
completely because the form that was sent in was not filled out correctly.
According to Mini-Med it was resubmitted correctly but was denied anyway
because of the first one.

I called Mini-Med because of this and was assured that it will be taken care
of.  I asked them if it is still denied by Medicare if I will be responsible
for the bill and they told me no, they would have to eat it.  I hope they are

Right at this point I don't know who to be angry with or whether to just be
scared.  There is no way anyone is going to take my pump from me.  It has
done too many good things for me in such a short amount of time.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent.  I can't wait until I'm done with my schooling
so I can go back to work and get rid of Medicare.  I'm not sure they have
been much of a help for me.

Michelle and Booper