RE: [IP] any advice?

Hi Jeff:
Glad you're on board as a pumper!

As far as the plastic inserts, I don't use it when I disconnect for a shower
or funtime in bed.  However, if I am going swimming or taking the sun, I do
put one on.

I keep it in a tiny little tupperware container all by itself so I know that
it is very sanitary.  If you just leave one hanging around, it is going to
get germs on it and you are defeating the purpose of using it.

It's easy to use since it's a soft plastic.  You just stick it into the part
you have left hanging in you (the little tail) and it will stay on.

As far as bolusing for high's..definitely wait at least 3 hours, ditto for
figuring out your basal rates. Say, if you do a basal rate from 3 A - 6 A,
then that amount will show up by 9 A .

Again, like everyone else tells new people, please get the Pumping Insulin
book if you don't already have it.  It explains lots of stuff to you.

However, if you're lazy like me, I would rather have people "tell and
explain" than reading it.  I catch on much better, not that I'm not a very
good reader, just clicks better when it comes to all these numbers and stuff

Good luck!
Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00