RE: [IP] change in morning bg levels

>has anyone else ever been on the same basal rates for long period of time
>and all of a sudden there needs to be a dramatic change in your rate?

Yeap. For over 8 months my basal rates were 11PM-2AM - 0.4 u/hr, 2AM-7AM -
0.6 u/hr and 7AM-11PM 0.7 u/hr. I was very satisfied with this profile.
Suddenly in August I began to need additional insulin during the night. For
now I am at 0.7 u/hr all the time. But that still needs some tweaking.

At first I thought this change was due to changes while on vacation,  then
I was concerned that the insulin might be bad, then I had a minor cold. But
ultimately it appears that my basal requirements have just changed. My endo
does not think this is particularly unusual but I find it a real bother.