[IP] Carb counts vs. Protien

Hi,  I am trying to do carb counting and this seems to
be the big thing for pumpers.  But, I tried a low-carb
diet and found that even if I ate virtually no carbs
at a meal:  cottage cheese and meat, and counted the
few carbs in the cheese and only covered those, my
blood sugar still skyrocketed.

My CDE thinks I am nuts.  She says that I only need to
cover carbs.  Has anyone else had glucose rises eating
protein and fat only?

Normally I would take anywhere from 12 to 18 units for
a meal depending on portion size of course.  It
doesn't seem to matter if it is made up more of carbs
or protein.  I can have high blood sugars with either
one, if I don't take the same amount of insulin.

Pat (pumpless, but not for long)

Do You Yahoo!?