RE: [IP] Radio Shack 357 batteries

Any jewelry store will sell them also

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Andrew Aronoff
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 5:12 PM
To: email @ redacted
Cc: Jan Hughey
Subject: [IP] Radio Shack 357 batteries

Hi, Jan.

At 14:53 10/17/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>OOOPS! Andrew Aronoff was RIGHT!!! My ER 357s ARE silver oxide. It was
the
>Radio Shack ones that were zinc oxide. I still see no difference in
longevity.

I'm very intrigued by this Radio Shack battery you were using. I'd
really
like to know more about what they were.

I surfed over to Radio Shack and had a look at what they offer. (I can't

visit a Radio Shack store -- I don't live in the U.S.)

They only show a single 357 battery: Model 357 Watch/Calc Battery,
RadioShack brand, Catalog number 23-105, $2.79.

You can find it here:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fnam
e=CTLG%5F004%5F004%5F001%5F001&product%5Fid=23%2D105

They don't say what the composition is, but the picture shows a "Silver
Oxide" battery. To thoroughly confuse matters, that picture is of a
different model, the 23-104 (model 303).

Do you have any Radio Shack batteries that are still in their packaging?

What's the catalog number? What's the model number? What's engraved on
the
battery itself? What does the packaging say about zinc? (I have a sneaky

suspicion that the packaging that said "zinc" was a misprint.)

regards, Andy