[IP] Re: priming the pump

> However someone said they never use the prime feature to prime the pump.
> How can you get the insulin primed, manually? I thought the pump needs to
> through
> its prime cycle in order to build up the pressure to deliver the insulin.
> little arm that pushes the reservoir needs to have pressure behind it.

If that was me, I push the insulin through the tubing while connected to the
reservoir, until I see a drip. I put the reservoir/tubing into the pump,
place the arms/levers as close to the end of the reservoir as possible, then
run a 10u prime and stop it as soon as I see a big enough drip to assure
there is no slack. It is usually 2u or fewer. Running a 5u or 10u prime and
letting a piece of paper get wet not only wastes insulin, but uses extra
battery power.

BTW, I keep my receipt with my batteries cuz I carry them with me at all
times and if anyone ever saw them thinking I shoplifted, I have proof.
Yesterday I marked my calendar and have already gone 5 weeks on my present
ones. I'll let everyone know when I have to change them again.

OOOPS! Andrew Aronoff was RIGHT!!! My ER 357s ARE silver oxide. It was the
Radio Shack ones that were zinc oxide. I still see no difference in

The problem with most people is, they don't admit their faults. I would if I
had any. (~_^)