Re: [IP] Paradigm connector (was Question on Animas pumps)

In a message dated 10/17/2001 8:52:43 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  I don't understand why that would be true (not that I don't trust
>  your information).  Both the Disetronic and Animas are currently
>  waterproof (and the Animas is waterproof to 12' vs. the Paradigm's
>  8'), and they both use standard leur lock connectors.
>     Why would the Paradigm require a new lock to remain waterproof?

I'm no engineer . . . Obviously they didn't HAVE to change from the standard
Leur lock connection in order to get waterproofness (as you said, both Animas
and Disetronic managed to produce waterproof pumps without doing that) . . .
But, for whatever reason, Minimed choose to design a non-standard connection
for the infusion sets for the Paradigm . . . BTW, I don't think I mentioned
that I originally got the info about special Paradigm-only infusion sets from
an IP Minimed chat transcript 4-6 months ago.  I think someone here also
posted an excerpt from  some correspondence he'e had with Minimed confirming
this . . .

Pumpmama to Katie