Re: [IP] NCD# for D-tron prefilled cartridges (and surgery outcome)

In a message dated 10/17/01 7:34:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Could someone please send me the NCD# for the prefilled humalog cartridges
> for the d-tron.  I switched insurance companies and am calling in an order
> to a new supply place.  They have supposedly already handled getting
> prescriptions from my doctor, but I want to make sure they send me the
> correct supplies.
> I should probably also give a brief recap on the knee surgery I had a
> month ago.  The most important thing was to get my own copy of
> instructions from my endo.  A copy was sent to the surgeon, but I got a
> copy also which I gave to the hospital at the pre-op for my file and I
> also brought a copy with me the day of surgery.  Each time a new nurse or
> whomever came over to do prep I informed them of the letter, no one had
> looked at it yet.  When I met with the anesthesiologist I did the same
> thing, I referred him to the letter which explicitly said I was to run my
> set basal rates.  I kept my own meter with me in my robe pocket which was
> on the gurney with me the whole time.  The only good thing is that they
> gave me lunch when it was over, which they don't usually do, but "had to
> because I was diabetic."  Since I hadn't eaten since the night before I
> didn't complain, and they let me order whatever.  I asked for carb counts
> on the items which of course didn't come, but whatever.  No complications
> from the surgery, "diabetic" or otherwise.
> Thanks a lot

Hi Jackie I was going to e-mail you to see how it went? I hope you are ready
to run Boston in April! Only kidding. The NDC # 0002-7516-59 VL-7516. That is
3ml Humalog. Roger C