Re: [IP] FastTake going bye-bye?

email @ redacted wrote:
> I had been using FastTake for years and loved it very much.  When it became
> impossible to get strips a few months ago, my doctor recommended Accucheck
> Advantage.  Since I did have a few emergency Fast Take strips left, I
> conducted a comparison study of blood sugar readings.  I found that the Fast
> Take readings were always 20 points lower than the Accucheck Advantage.  I'm
> wondering if all these years my blood sugars were really higher that reported
> on my Fast Take meter.
> Any of you out their have an opinion on this?

I'm just of the opinion to NEVER compare meters by readings.  The Accucheck is a
Whole Blood Meter and the Ultra is a Plasma calibrated meter.  That would
account for the difference in readings.  If you'ld like to see a "comparison of
features" on the different meters available, go to:

<A href="http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/d_0i_000.htm"> Children with
Diabetes Meter site