Re: [IP] Question on Animas pumps

In a message dated 10/16/2001 11:45:11 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> What kinds of infusion sets does Animas offer?  I couldn't find anything
> about
>  this on their website!  Also -- do they offer an inserter device?  I use
>  MiniMed Micro SofSets - soft cannulas that go in at a 90 degree angle.
>  use the inserter with these.  It's the only way I can get them in!  (I'm
> not
>  a fan of needles!)

Since they all use the standard "leur lock" connection, you can use any
infusion set/inserter device on any of the pumps currently available in the
US . . . My daughter uses an Animas pump with Minimed's Quick-Sets (and the
Quick-Serter), but she could also use the "Comforts" (like a Silhouette) that
came with her pump or Disetronics Ultraflex . . . So, just because you might
decide to change pumps doesn't mean you have to change which infusion set you

(This won't be true of the new Minimed Paradigm pump whenever it comes out.
It has a proprietary connection design in order to be able to have
waterproofness as a feature.  Minimed will be making Paradigm-only versions
of several of their more popular sets including, I believe, the Sof-Set,
Quick-Set, and Silhouette.)

Pumpmama to Katie