[IP] Batteries

I wish I could get 4 - 6 weeks out of my batteries.  They only last 19 to 21
days.  I know because every time I change them I write down the date.  I've
called MiniMed many times about this.  They've had me turn off the remote,
clean the contacts, etc. but nothing seems to matter.  If I buy them through
MiniMed, they are $3 a piece and it takes 3 batteries in my 508.  So that is
$9 every three weeks.  I have ordered them online at $.99 a piece and they
last the same amount of time.  I was also able to get MiniMed to put them on
my order for supplies last time and they did get covered even though they
never used to.  I have often wondered if I am accidentally hitting the
backlight as I clip and unclip my pump from my pocket.  I know the backlight
uses up the batteries quicker.  The clip is on the back side of the
backlight button so I thought maybe when I squeeze the clip, I'm am hitting
the button.

Kathy G.