[IP] Re: prep for Dialysis

> Jan, So bummed that you have to go through this bovine fecal matter! I
> say "look how long you've had it" and "man you're still healthy really"
> ...Yeah, right.
> I wish my dad had been eligible to give his organs. It may have helped.
> Will you be on a transplant waiting list?
> - -- Jenny Sutherland
> http://www.wyldcelt.homestead.com/index.html

Those comments are similar to what I actually hear - *You're still walking
so you can't complain* and *You don't look like anything's wrong* - ETC.

What a nice thought about your dad, but since he was 89 I don't think people
over 60 are eligible to donate. They want younger organs so they'll last

I'm trying to get listed for tx - was told the wait is about 5 years due to
the lack of cadaver donations. Well, I guess there also aren't that many
living who are willing to donate, either. ;) With 50,000 on the waiting list
nationwide and 5,000 cadavers a year who donate, that gives 10,000 (2)
kidneys. Reduce the 5,000 pancreases to 2,000 due to unusable for various
reasons (damaged in harvest, too fatty, etc.) and that doesn't leave a lot
of people (2,000 though) to get a pancreas too. I figure if I can get a
kidney I can deal with pumping. After all, I've been living this DM life for
51 years (11/5) and let a younger person in need live a longer life. I'm
looking for the Uppertaker, not the undertaker. YMMV (~_^)

It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a
day to love someone -- but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.