Re: [IP] And yet my doctor amazes me again

This sounds all too familiar...
What state are you in? Places like Joslin are good because they really understand

everything that a diabetic has to go through. You could contact Joslin and see
if there is a clinic near you. I used to go to Joslin in Boston MA and it was
like an assembly line. I loved it.

The same thing happened to me. I somehow ended up with a really horrible
HMO. I made an appointment with my "primary care physician."  My appointment was
at 2:30. At 5PM
I saw the "doctor" and I said "I'm here because I chose you as my PCP and I have
to get a
referral to an endocrinologist." Her response was "endocrinologist? -
endocrinologist?
endocrinologist? I... I don't  even know any endocrinologists.. oh.. I don't
think so....."

I knew I was in trouble. Then she insisted I have an EKG "because I'm a type 1."

So, then she wanted me to wait for another hour so she could read the EKG to me.
I said
"call me later".... and left.

This is what convinces me more and more that I have to be in charge of my own
health.