Re: [IP] Re: Diabetic Friends

>Is this a unique feeling?

Nope, I've done this to myself a lot and I've sabotaged several
relationships (friends and otherwise) before they even start.

When I meet someone new, I always tell them right off that I have diabetes,
Addison's Disease etc., because I don't want them to think I'm hiding
anything, or that I've lied to them.

The reactions I get from that initial conversation generally decide for me
whether or not I'm going to bother getting to know a person.

I figure that no one else should have to deal with my "baggage".  (I know we
all have baggage, to an extent, but I've always thought diseases are too
much to ask someone else to deal with.

Maybe I'm wrong...  Other opinions?

email @ redacted
AIM:  jspock1